Hello Kitty VW Bug

I hate receiving emails with photos like this because it will undoubtedly inspire my wife (something that we all know is definitely not needed for any Hello Kitty fanatic). This is exactly what my wife wants to do to our car. It’s bad enough that our car is getting Hello Kittified from the inside out and when I see things like this, I know it’s merely a matter of time before she takes it in for a Hello Kitty paint job:

Hello Kitty VW Bug

It will not be long before I’m going to be riding around in something that looks as bad (if not worse — and probably a lot pinker) than this. There is something so completely wrong when a grown man is forced to drive a Hello Kitty car that makes the thought of driving it over a 100 foot cliff and smashing into jagged rocks below a lot less painful than actually being seen around town in it, which pretty much sums up the feeling of living in Hello Kitty Hell…

Sent in by tracey who deserves to have to drive around in something like this for the rest of her life for thinking for a single moment that it would be a good idea to send this photo to me…

This entry was posted in Strange, Vehicle and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Hello Kitty VW Bug

1. mhkitty says:

Ummmm, Wow.
    Even I wouldn’t be caught dead in that!
    First, I hate VW Beetles.
    Second, I like HK and all but this is just a little too much for even me.
    P.S. the yellow clashes… at least go for white or custom pink…

2. Kelly says:

It should be pink or red, yellow is so un-hello-kitty. It looks more like a banana with hello-kitty!

3. Megan says:

this would be amazing if it was pink or red. yellow just doesnt work!

4. Kitteh!! says:

I’ve deep-linked this to a “cars men shouldn’t drive” thread on another site I read.

5. Cafe Alpha says:

I think it’s darling. Your wife should have one, and you can have a matching Batz Maru car.

Ok, you sussed me out. I’m not really on your side.

6. Lisa says:

Awww…I think it’s cute.

7. RSKS says:

Wow…..i wouldn’t drive that even if it was given to me for free, i’d feel so embaressed…

8. cyn says:

I don’t know – I think there is a threshold that can be met where a man will drive anything. For example, my bf said if I bought the Hello Kitty Ferrari he would drive it. LOL But of course, only if *I* bought it. ;-)

9. Mari says:

If it does transform, it MUST be a Deceptacon, cuz it could only be an evil, evil thing. :)

The very idea that any adult would want to be seen in such a thing is mind blowing.

10. Alenderis says:

My opinion of a car is it gets me from point A to point B, and as long as it does it reliably I’m fine with it. I’m fine with any car except that one…if your going to get a custom paint job do it with something cool. Like a Vitaly Alexius painting or dragons or something.

11. k says:

The car should be black with hello kitty face on it! And hot pink hello kitty seat covers and floor mats and stering wheel cover! That’s my plan for my car!!

12. ghost says:

i can see why someone would want a car like that, it’d be extremely fun to blow up, again and again and again. but to actually drive it would be physically painful!

13. Clay says:

Send that car to Mythbusters and tell ‘em to blow it up!

14. Mhkitty says:

Haha ha ha!!
    Mythbusters RULE!!!!
    Send ‘em the car!
    Send ‘em the car!
    Send ‘em the car!!!!

15. Eize says:

Good idea Clay. What car-related urban myth are you going to make this thing endure?

16. Ami says:

wow. im really sorry for you dude. from just readding about all the things you go through is painfull but to have you acctualy going through all this for real must be tripled hello kitty hell. TT.TT im so sorry

17. Clay has the right of it! The Mythbusters guys would know how to properly destroy that thing!

18. Kitteh!! says:

How about the myth that Volkswagons float? Ok, Type 1s (real Beetles/Bugs, not these Golf 4 coupes ;) ) do, as do Swimwagons (sp), but none of the others actuall do AFAIK. Still, that’s rather the point!

19. bear_1 says:

That is a terrible thing to do to an otherwise neat little car.

20. Eize says:

Please MTV—PIMP MY RIDE!

21. Nikki says:

I am totally in love with that car!! I want it!! I must have that car!!! ^_^

22. Rita says:

it should be in pink.

23. Nicola says:

You can buy complete Hello Kitty car decal kits on eBay for about $40.

I do love this little car. I do, however, detest yellow.

I have a slightly kittified car that has been featured here. HLO KTY1 license plate and all. My boyfriend has been forced to drive it for several weeks now because his car has been in need of service. He participated in the kittification by purchasing the Hello Kitty floor mats for me. One day when he arrived home from work he said, “Some guy looked at me funny.”

24. Pingback: Hello Kitty Scion xB Toyota Car - Hello Kitty Hell

25. HKPepper says:

where can i get hello kitty stickers like this???

26. HKPepper says:

I LOVE THOSE CAR STICKERS!! WHERE CAN I GET THOSE??

27. ArubaHelloKitty says:

OMG!!! 1st. off I love VW Bugs! 2nd. I LOOOOOOOOOOVEEEE Hello Kitty. This is my dream car right here. Yep. Already told my mom this is what I want for a graduation present!

28. Pingback: Hello Kitty Volkswagen Bug (for sale) - Hello Kitty Hell

29. charrlie says:

I want one!!!

30. Linda says:

Wow, poor car. However, I need to correct you, it’s a VW Beetle, not a VW Bug.
    Sorry, I love VW, but sometimes they are my hell!

31. Rei says:

At least the main colour is yellow- if I ever see pink again I’m am going to bash my head on my desk…. MANY times

32. Ladybuguboo says:

OK, first, i have ALWAYS wanted a VW Bug. They are just a cute car for a girl. But this makes is,….. in a sickening way… Amazing.

33. Aralia says:

At least it’s not pink.

34. kumiko says:

i was at the mall and saw two hello kitty cars

35. Byrdie says:

Meh. It’s not appalling, but …it’s not great either. White would have been better, or maybe pink. Yellow might have worked with outline decals, perhaps.