Hello Kitty Graffiti

It’s a sad, sad day in the world when the today’s youth believe it’s cool to tag walls with Hello Kitty graffiti:

Hello Kitty graffiti

I know that Hello Kitty Hell is getting bad when my automatic reaction to seeing this is that it must be a publicity stunt marking some Hello Kitty anniversary. Sanrio probably paid a bunch of kids to put graffiti all over the place because why would anyone in their right mind (of course, this is once again making the very wrong assumption that Hello Kitty fanatics are able to think rationally) ever want to admit that they used Hello Kitty when they tagged a wall?

Of course, then the panic starts to set in imagining that it wasn’t a Sanrio stunt and someone out there really does think creating Hello Kitty graffiti is cool. This, in turns, leads me to hope that it’s a Sanrio publicity stunt (how utterly wrong and downright disgusting is that?!) so that I can believe today’s youth isn’t completely doomed. The problem then reveals itself that even if the youth didn’t do it on their own, they were willing to do it for money at Sanrio’s request meaning that the future is doomed either way. And in reality, that is the only logical conclusion one can ever conclude when one lives in Hello Kitty Hell…

Sent in by shelley who deserves to have her house tagged every day with Hello Kitty graffiti for thinking this anything good could ever come from sending a photo like this to me…

Update: Was there ever any doubt that there would be more Hello Kitty grafitti?

Hello Kitty letting you know exactly how she feels about you:

hello kitty grafitti finger

Sent in by Jason via drhenkenstein

Hello Kitty urban grafitti

Sent in by Bitty Ted

This entry was posted in Art and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to Hello Kitty Graffiti

1. cierra says:

Wow, that is horrifying, almost traumatizing, so now she is taking over graffiti as well. what else can sanrio possibly implant her face on?!? Is there even anything left???

2. Anna says:

In all fairness, it’s quite cute.

3. moriyah says:

Yup… waste of paint.

I do like the little word bubble though. It’s somehow fitting…

4. andophiroxia says:

I wonder if banksy did this. ;)

5. yet another hello kitty fan says:

this is totally cool isn’t it darlene or does it just make you want to cry in disbelieve

6. Mhkitty says:

Yeah, it looks a little too ‘perfect’ to be anything other than a huge decal or professionally done.
    The ‘It’s Kitty B****!’ comment reminds me of the Dave Chapelle Show :)

7. moriyah says:

@cierra: Nothing is sacred when it comes to HK. She will put her face anywhere, even dirty walls.

Hmm wonder what message that sends little girls? Where’s Darlene when you need her?

8. Shuichi says:

I sense the tingly feeling of DARLENE coming soon…

9. andophiroxia says:

Please don’t call that moron out. Please.

10. Lucy says:

Nose is too round.

meh.

11. Acton says:

Do not speak of the name she may stay home.
    Noting big here; perhaps some tagger has a sense of humor.

12. Edward says:

Dammit, the nose is too round. I kind of like it, if only because I like graffiti that isn’t, you know, calling out for people’s deaths and whatnot.

13. moriyah says:

@ andophiroxia and Acton

Yikes, sorry!

14. yet another anonymous says:

It is not so bad.
    In fact, the author (?) put a faint shade to the bow providing a 3D like vision effect. I’m not sure if it is intentional or not.

15. darlene says:

The only thing doomed is this blog and your commentary which fails to understand anything about Hello Kitty. When will you ever learn? Hello Kitty is expressed in all types of art because those with creative genius aspire to create the best. Street artists are the same.

Everyone loves Hello Kitty. There is no need for Sanrio to pay for something like this because people are willing to do it on their own to show their love of Hello Kitty. You seem to be the only person that doesn’t understand this.

16. Lucy says:

wah!!! she appeared!!!!

so…. HK incites illegal activities…. kewl!!!

17. Kitteh!! says:

What was that:-
    Darlene, Darlene, Darlene, Darlene, Darlaaarrgggghhhhh!! ;)

18. darlene II says:

Oops. I’m off my meds again.

No one loves Hello Kitty. No one loves me. The only thing doomed is me and the archaic concepts of gender roles that have poisoned my life.

Hello Kitty is one step below the Family Circus artistically, which I only can see when I’m tranqued up on my meds.

Love Is cartoons have more artistic merit than HK.

Sanrio must be destroyed before the hydra that is Hello Kitty obliterates true creativity, art, and beauty!

19. Mhkitty says:

Kitteh!!
    So do you think if we say her name enough she pull a Rumpelstiltskin and go POOF????
    That would be awesome!!!!
    Someone should paint that ;)

20. Kitteh!! says:

I was referencing the Urban Legend I made up this morning where, if you point your browser at Hello Kitty Hell, then type Darlene’s name 5 times, she appears behind you and strangles you with the Hello Kitty garotte!

21. Eric says:

What could possibly be considered more defacing to a piece of property than a big hello kitty applied to it?

22. Shifty says:

it probably almost does seemlike everyone does love HK with all the merchandise yet I remain one who does NOT!!

23. hkFairWeatherFriend says:

@ darlene… if this blog is doomed, why do you insist on helping it thrive? Every time you comment this blog can live on another day because at least one person is reading it

@MrHKH… this disturbs me greatly! I hope to never run into a HK graffiti… ever

24. Heilo Kitler says:

Was that on the Berlin wall?

25. Heilo Kitler says:

NEIN! They tore a chunk on of the Berlin wall, bad kitty!

26. daughter of darlene says:

my mommy is correct. that is the bestest pwettiest graffiti art ever. <3

I’m not saying it wasn’t DONE well… but Hello Kitty? Seriously?

28. Tamichiko says:

darlene, darlene, go away……..die beeyotch, die!!!!!!!

You too, Hello Kitty………please just go away!!!!!!!

29. lydia says:

my first post here.
    as a matter of fact, the first thing I did is read the words written ON Kitty.. ” Black Magic”. Let’s sacrifice some cat’s for the voodoo ceremony!

30. mhkitty says:

OMG….could any of you actually imagine the world if darlene does spawn little darlenes????
    I will gladly type darlene 5 times fast and wait for the pain to end!
    Gods help us all!

31. javiera says:

holissssssssssssssssssssssss

32. nick says:

That’s in ann arbor, MI. lol.

33. molly says:

wow k graffito!!!!!!!!!stupendo

34. xrosechocolatex says:

Yes, darlene, you’re right, Hello Kitty is art, i know this guy is against her, but lets face it, if we hate this blog, then leave it, if you like it then dont leave it. And please don’t be such a hypocryte because his opinions are not made to change others lives, but its the people taking it too seriously. So lets just let his blog live because blogs have opinions and im sure sanrio forgived him and understanded that freedom of speech won’t put down sanrio, i myself like and hate Hello Kitty sometimes, depending on the product highlighted

35. Kels says:

This is amazing. Ifeel inspired… maybe some HKxBiohazard? Hmm… needa find a good wall… :/

36. sam says:

i think its a reali good job but some pepole
    think thay cant graf on it to make it there
    well good job anyways its so gawjuss i lovee it :D

37. :D says:

You guys are all haters , who are you to judge someones likes and dislikes . Nobody cares if you like her or not ! I don’t like your mom & I don’t saay shizzle :D

38. osiris says:

Its gross like my mom always said” no escrbas en paderes mejor escribete las nalgas” lmao it means dont be writting on walls better if you write on your ass!

39. Hallie says:

This entire collection of comments is hilarious. There are actually famous and feared posters. I just came here to see more scary Hello Kitty, BUT THERE ARE OTHER SCARY THINGS HERE TOO!

40. Chedr says:

Im a real azz writer nd watchall fail to realize is dat gurls do graffiti (or try too!) too therfor dis ain that strange