Hello Kitty Digital Scale

We already have a Hello Kitty scale, but that doesn’t stop my wife from wanting other ones that she comes across. I find the whole idea rather ironic since the last thing that my wife wants to know from the evil feline is what she weighs. It wouldn’t surprise me if the Hello Kitty digital scale actually malfunctions on purpose so that it gives the wrong weight (to keep the Hello Kitty fanatics happy), or maybe it gives the weight in apples (if you know why this reference is significant, you know too much about Hello Kitty) so that it is impossible to tell. No matter what the truth is, it’s just another piece of Hello Kitty junk to add onto the pile in Hello Kitty Hell…

Hello Kitty digital scale

Sent in by appleworm

Update: It looks like Sanrio is moving closer to that weight in apples theory I had with the Hello Kitty apple digital scale (sent in by martha)

Hello Kitty apple digital scale

This entry was posted in Decor, Gadgets, Photo Dump and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Hello Kitty Digital Scale

1. Marlene says:

If you buy this one, you can give your old one to people in need. That’s how Hello Kitty encourages charity.

2. I hate to say it, but the weight-in-apples idea is actually really, really cute. I’ll bet the HK fanatics out there would totally eat up a scale with an apple setting (presumably with a conversation rate tied to the average weight of an apple? Or do apples weigh differently in HK land?)

Uh-oh. Please do not enter the world of HK product design. We need you out here, on the side of justice!

3. Sharon says:

I have known for some time now that I know too much about Hello Kitty but this makes it official.

4. Pingback: Hello Kitty Hell Lecture and Photo Dump - Hello Kitty Hell

5. Janni says:

Marlene: Hahaha, no. A bunch of pixels on your screen, or ink on paper – because that’s what Hello Kitty IS – doesn’t give a crap about charity. If you were going to get hit by a bus, it wouldn’t save you. It doesn’t love you. It is indifferent to your existance – because it doesn’t exist ITSELF. It’s a bunch of squiggly lines (my five year old niece could draw a better and cuter cat!), and you’re stupid enough to spend money on items with it. It’s a franchise. An overpriced one at that, that promotes nothing but VANITY.

Ah, the love that hello kitty brings to the world. Having us spend money on all the crap with her face on it rather than encouraging us to spend it on charity. :3 SHE’S SO CUTE!!!

@ Janni

lol that’s all I have to say.

7. Gail says:

Hello Kitty says “Hello, Fatso!”

8. Helen says:

The only good thing about that is it involves standing on the mouthless cat herself.

9. allie says:

.this is super cute, no lie

10. Pepper says:

I feel really lame for getting the apple reference. :/

11. Shakespeare_mara says:

Hahahahah Gail!! I was wondering the same thing. Like Garfield when his talking scale begs him to get off.

12. Jeska says:

Where do you get either of them?!

13. Erica Winship says:

@Janni.

HAhahaha wayyy to serious.