Hello Kitty Devil

I received an anonymous email today with this Hello Kitty devil attached and a simple note saying “it seemed appropriate for your site.” When I first looked at it, it did seem appropriate and I placed it into my header thinking it would appropriately highlight the whole Hello Kitty theme. Now having it on the site for half a day, it has already become annoyingly Hello Kitty. Even as a devil, the image seems too cute (winking and bobbing her head back and forth). One might be acceptable, but when you line them up, they just become overwhelming…

I guess this annoyance really does sum up the Hello Kitty Hell I find myself in, but I’m still not convinced whether it adds or takes away from the Hello Kitty Hell image. Any thoughts from the two or three random people who accidentally stumble across this site would be appreciated. Should it stay or go???

This entry was posted in Hello Kitty. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Hello Kitty Devil

1. phil/slippy says:

I think that it should stay, at least for a while. It is cute, but that just emphasises the irony that it’s also the Devil. Anyways, here’s a video you may find amausing…or annoying. (Not mine btw) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnK6n2E_AEU

2. Hanuman1960 says:

It is cute! But, then again, that’s the problem isn’t it?!

Has your wife seen it yet?

3. Amy says:

Check this out!

4. Maggie says:

Maybe you could compromise and just keep one dancing Hello Kitty Devil instead of nine of them. It does seem as though they are trying to mock you.

I must say that I have just read your entire blog and although my heart goes out to you, I have been trying to contain a fit of laughter throughout. I’m doing my best to hold it in. For your sake.

5. Amaranthim says:

Although I sympathize with your plight and feel for you, really – I must admit to a vicarious enjoyment of your torture. Thank you for sharing your Hell with us.

A

6. ellen says:

Just stumbled onto your website. Now i’m hooked. :)

7. hellohahanarf says:

i can not begin to say how thankful i am that i was never smitten with hello kitty. this dog loving girl is absolutely feeling your pain, although i must admit i am incredibly amused by the things your wife finds. keep writing, i love the way you describe hello kitty hell!!

and regarding the original question about should the devil hk stay or go…i say stay since it is not pink. but really, does it actually matter at this point? :)

8. Juliet says:

This site is hilarious – I love it. I have fallen about at the boxer shorts and the mousepad and mouse…my wanderings are random, no doubt there is more fun in store.

Cheers,
    Julie

9. Jen says:

OMG how frickin adorable!!! I love HK and when I searched the HK devil, I was soooo excited! Keep it up!

10. heelokittyiscool says:

that is just an edited image of hello kitty i have seen the original one. it is cuter

11. Pingback: Hello Kitty WordPress Theme - Hello Kitty Hell

12. blk says:

Oh how funny… I rec’d this animated .gif avatar years ago when I joined a climbing forum… Got a lot of comments from it… Have even been recognized at the crags (mtn sites) when people see (yes) my HK chalk bag!

blk

13. kristie says:

this is so cool to read even though i didn’t read it.

14. Angel says:

I love it, I want the HTML code so I can drop it on my myspace page that is covered in hello kitty cuteness. My husband feels the same as you about the overwhemling cuteness and had a fit when I made the master bathroom all hello kitty….so can you send me the HTML code? Please and thank you!

15. lenchen xp says:

i love hello kitty but why don´t you do?
    she´s so nice nd cute ! nobody can hate her

16. hello muffin says:

idk i love hello kitty but if u look at the ears (horns) it freaks me out

17. eliany diaz says:

as yew can see i told my friend gabby tht hello kitty was a demond she did not beleive me untill she saw this cite her heart got broken so thanx alot for not tellin little kids the truth about hello kitty she does not have a mouth because she speaks from the heart she doesnt have one cus this little girl had mouth cancer nd her mom gave her to the devil nd he turned her into a chinese character so there’s the truth.

have a nice day!

18. christina says:

i think hello kitty is a deinguros devil and its not mi problem

19. Vanessa says:

wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. jessica says:

WTF!!!!!! people have no life. havin fun with the devil wow people you dont know nothing about the devil you think is a joke its not!! hello kitty was made for a little girls but gosh people are so bored with theirs LIFES that they mess with things their not supot to..

21. IDANIA says:

I HAVE HEARD SOME PEOPLE SAYING THAT HELLO KITTY WAS CREATED BY THE DEVIL I THINK SO TOO BECOUSE IT HAS THE WORD “HELL” IN THE WORD “HELLO.”

22. Kathleen Perez says:

so is hello kitty really made from the devil? O_O :’(

23. yesenia says:

how did hello kitty die

• First off, thats a really popular rumor. And second off, if she was from hell they wouldnt have a hello kitty around today. Yes, they wouldnt have hello kitty shirts or jewlery. Its os popular, they have a hello kitty store in japan. SO, this rumor has been going on for 7 years now, and its getting pretty old. Pus if she was the devils daughter, wouldnt it be in the bible? Ill bet you dont know how hello kitty talks you hater man!

24. katherine says:

ok so im very freak out cus i have her backback and a alarm clock oh her i love hk so much but i dont know if she is frome the devil will something happen to me or what please anybody help me

25. Gorgonzola says:

Love to see the xtian fruitcakes out there having their usual illiterate rants about innocent kids’ toys. They’re incredibly amusing one at a time, but only get really dangerous in packs.

26. First off, thats a really popular rumor. And second off, if she was from hell they wouldnt have a hello kitty around today. Yes, they wouldnt have hello kitty shirts or jewlery. Its os popular, they have a hello kitty store in japan. SO, this rumor has been going on for 7 years now, and its getting pretty old. Pus if she was the devils daughter, wouldnt it be in the bible? Ill bet you dont know how hello kitty talks you hater man!