Hello Kitty Watermelon

I figured that if I could survive the excruciating pain of having to see all the hideous Hello Kitty Halloween pumpkin creations, I would no longer have to worry about the evil feline being carved into fruits. Unfortunately, I once again greatly underestimated the true diabolical nature within her soul when I was shown a carved Hello Kitty watermelon:

Hello Kitty watermelon carving

While I hope the Hello Kitty carving stops with this, the fact that these Hello Kitty carvings exist pretty much guarantee that the much less painful (although equally horrific and far too similar looking) Hello Kitty watermelons will continue to exist…

Sent in by klittle

Update: You knew it couldn’t end with just one…

Hello Kitty water melon carving

This entry was posted in Art, Food, Strange and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Hello Kitty Watermelon

1. pepsibookcat says:

I like watermelon. I love Hello Kitty. But, the red of this kind of looks like some sort of ritualistic scarification. I can’t get comfortable with this kittified watermelon.

2. Sandra says:

I need directions for this. I carve a nice Hello Kitty pumpkin every year so I’m sure I can pull this off. But I’m only confused on one part, is this carved or scraped?

3. Gail says:

I always suspected she was a cutter.

4. kitteh!! says:

@Sandra – If you right-click on the picture and select “open link in new [tab|window]” you can get the pic zoomed up full-size. Some bits of the cutout are obviously V-grooved so must have been carved in. Others are U-grooved and I’m not sure how to do that; the nearest tool I’ve got is a zester and that would create lots of small corrugations in the base of the cuts.

5. Sanriobaby =^.^= says:

I love this and think it’s a great idea to replicate for a b’day party or even a HK themed baby shower. Surprisingly, I opted to not have a HK themed shower for my baby girl this wknd but I will definitely do this for her 1st B’day!

The red makes her look evil.

Just saying.