Hello Kitty Antivirus and Firewall Software

You knew that this day would come. Not only does Hello Kitty want to sell you computers (such as this, this and this) in her evil feline image, she now also wants to protect your computer from the inside as well with her new Hello Kitty antivirus and firewall software (while it is currently only available in Chinese, you know it’s only a matter of time…):

Helo Kitty antivirus software

Hello Kitty firewall

As much as I hate to admit it, I think that Sanrio may be onto something here. I mean, I know that every time I see Hello Kitty the only thing that I can think is to run as far away as possible screaming at the top of my lungs and I’m pretty sure that is the reaction of most things (with, of course, the notable exception of Hello Kitty fanatics). Hello Kitty also incites thought so self extermination simply to escape her presence which also works to her advantage in this scenario.

Then again, I have this dark feeling that Hello Kitty’s idea of a virus is anything that doesn’t include Hello Kitty on it which would mean that the only thing which ever would get through the firewall and you could ever view on your computer would be Hello Kitty crap. I also fear that you would have to listen to the Hello Kitty theme song each and every time that a virus was detected. Just the thought of this is turning up the flames in Hello Kitty Hell…

Sent in by Havel (via yingdong) who should have to install this and listen to the Hello Kitty theme song daily for ever thinking that sending this to me could produce anything positive…

UPDATE: I guess Hello Kitty needed to make this to protect your computer against herself…(“The worm executable uses an image of the Hello Kitty character for an icon”)

This entry was posted in Computers, Strange and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

46 Responses to Hello Kitty Antivirus and Firewall Software

1. Kisa says:

I would think it’d be something a bit more sad sounding every time you get a virus.

Perhaps while it does a daily scan for anything, the song will play.

THAT … yes.. probably.

First post woo!

2. bye bye meow says:

ok if i still live in vietnam country i will buy it right alway. Just to be the first cool kid who have it first. But since i am in wisconsin, usa .I just dream of it hahaha

3. yet another anonymous says:

Is there a HK virus known to human race?
    Think of a virus popping up HK faces in your PC screen randomly and you cannot kill it!
    It is creepy and truly a hellish scene I could imagine.
    Maybe such HK virus and HK AntiVirus can show a battle scene in your screen (evil HK and good HK). Then that may be an entertainment.
    But from HKH guy’s point of view, there is no “good” HK. Therefore, they must die together for the sake of peace and tranquilness.

4. Heilo Kitler says:

Yes, it is a global movement to indoctrate the Hello Kitty fanatics!

5. Acton says:

Yea right,
    Chi-com censorship with a smile.

I bet a Chinese firewall is design to let you look at any Hello Kitty sites but block and references to Dalai Lama or Falun Gong.

6. HKPepper says:

great product!

7. bear_1 says:

I can’t think of anything to say, except what the hell?!

8. Cyn says:

What the Hell??????? No seriously, who thought this could ever be a good idea in the first place? And who would trust their computer with an HK anti-virus? If it’s like most of HK crap sold out there it’s useless and will fail you at the first use. Plus I bet this anti-virus is costlier than a normal one anyway, and who would pay for it when you can download AVG for free huh?

9. Lee says:

Is this proof that Hello Kitty isn’t a virus?

10. havel says:

I won’t be listening to the theme song every day, although I do like the sugar crusting theme on the online game page, gotta admit.

11. Shelley says:

I would not instal that crap on my computer. Don’t get me wrong I love HK but I love my computer more. Although, I would instal that on one of my ex-boyfriends computers just to be an evil cunt.

12. sanriobaby says:

There are better ways to spend your money. How about donating to the needy, treating your grandma to lunch, or putting it in a savings account. At least it’s better than taking your cash, putting it in a pile and watching it burn…

13. ghost says:

yea, i’m pretty sure that putting that on a computer would cause it to spontaneously combust, i think its just a marketing ploy to sell more hk computers

14. darlene says:

Why can’t you admit that Hello Kitty does good things. This is so people can use their computer without having to worry about sinister hackers stealing all their information. How is that a bad thing? You think it’s better that people don’t use antivirus software and have all types of problems with their computer?

Hello Kitty wants everyone to have a lovely experience full of joy and that is why she sells this. And hackers should be very afraid because Hello Kitty is now after them.

I really wish you would stop spreading falsehoods and saying mean things just to try and make you blog popular, but since you can’t, I will make sure that the truth is told.

15. yet another anonymous says:

Darlene wrote:
    > And hackers should be very afraid because Hello Kitty is now after them.

I love it! Imagine that HK is chasing after a virus. The HK AntiVirus product should animate such while treating the PC.

16. Shifty says:

yeah and who’s to say it’s not already loaded with spyware and heck only knows whatever else to slow, and cripple a PC..

17. Alex says:

darlene: why can’t you admit you have no life, see a therapist, and move past your Sanrio cultism?

18. Rach says:

Oi, Darlene, why can’t YOU admit that Hello Kitty is an animated character, not a real person/creature/thing as you continually refer her/it as being then?

It is probably is just a virus bomb waiting to explode…and that image of HK as a Doctor is making me think she’s gonna give that PC an operation sans anaesthesia. :-S

19. silentbob says:

Anyone who installs this on their computer deserves the massive amounts of Spyware that they will get from …. You Guessed it….. Sanrio.
    Do you really think that they would block themselves out?????

To repeat … you deserve what you get when you install this so called Firewall……Hahahahahahahahah.. Thank god for Unix..

20. mhkitty says:

I think Sanrio has invented or intends to invent a virus that will attack in the near future and only those MORONS with the HK antivirus will be affected or they’ll be the only ones whose comps will survive I fell an evil plot afoot…be afraid Bill Gates, be afraid!

21. Kitteh!! says:

Who is it re-branded from?

22. Jaime says:

my fiance is a big computer geek so maybe if they start making this for the US he’ll be more accepting of my HK addiction.

23. Kori says:

Who in there right mind would buy this? I mean really, what can Hello Kitty actually save you from? They may have to make a Hello Kitty virus just to work with this software.

24. Speedy says:

Well, i want it :D Looks damn funny than average antivirus crap software. None of em works anyway.

25. MiniBee says:

Thanks 4 the updated.
    I ve translated it and used some of the pics for the news (Credits ve been given to ur website) . Hope u dont mind!
    P.S. I m now away from China therefore i havent tried it yet.
    will let u know once i got the product in hand..hehehe.

26. The Doctor says:

Minibee,

I have a Ph.D. in Comp.Sci, specifically in security. I’d LOVE to get my hands on a copy of this and see how good it is against my “zoo” of malware.

I’m going to check the link under your name to see if I can contact you there.

27. The Doctor says:

And about the comments regarding “who thought this would be a good idea”, I strongly suspect that this is a decent antivirus engine, most likely a smaller company, and they’re banking on the Kitty brand name for increased sales. This is a common tactic in other fields – using a recognized character as a branding item for a product. I strongly suspect that there are other “character” named AV products, all made by the same company.

Granted, I think it’s silly to associate Hello Kitty with something as serious as computer anti-virus protection, but as Mr. HKH has said, true HK fanatics do not always seem rational.

28. Kitty to the rescue! Hmmn, not sure about that at all. My niece would cetainly like it.. I’ll try it out on her computer first if it comes available in the UK.

29. TigerFist says:

This really makes me sad :(

30. Pingback: Hello Kitty Antivirus — Security Bytes

31. Sarah says:

…Why does everyone keep humoring Darlene? It’s obvious she’s only doing it to get a rise out of people. That’s why she doesn’t reply to you. o.O

32. Pingback: Goldie Blogs You Better! | Pink Hair. . . I WANT!

Like losta things here, I believe this is fine as long as it isn’t FORCED ON YOU.

34. app says:

If this were a HK branded version of a reputable antivirus (like Kaspersky, perhaps), I could see installing this on a child’s computer, maybe. (definitly not for anyone over 8 years of age)

At least for a kid, they might not want to turn it off and get rid of it and would actually leave it running.

But as is, I could not take this product seriously.

And word has it that Barbie is jealous and wants her own programming IDE now.

35. HelloKitty'z#1Fan says:

First off i wanna say if ur not a hello kitty fan “WHY THA HEL U COMMENTING ABOUT THIS!” anyway. If sanrio wanna put this out so people can buy it WAT THA HELL go 4 it! Everybody needz 2 eat and survive they need money and food 4 there families why NOT do it? Itz not like there hurting anybody itz a win win situation everybody getz what they want….sanrio getz money and fame and hello kitty fanaticz getz a hello kitty virus protective computer. WHATZ WRONG WIT DAT. -mikayla B.

36. STACInotSCENE says:

thats creepyO_O
    i wouldnt want a kat fixin my computer from the insideO_O

37. =] says:

lol really wdf

thats funny to no end

i have a feelin hk would end up giveing a virus
    lol

38. Andrew says:

i wonder if the antivirus destroys the kitty virus, because kitty is a virus herself.

39. mayble says:

very good

40. Lia says:

uhhhhh……..yeah. :|
    no comment. this is almost too ridiculous.. haha

41. rob says:

I tried it six years ago, but my system didn’t support Kanji and
    I used to get this as the alert “_____ _______ _______ ______ Y/N?” and that was it….

42. Lemuel Montaluo says:

I need enough help with my computer without kitty getting inside it..

43. Kali says:

Thats just going to screw your computer up even more.:)

44. Roy says:

Goodbye and good riddance to AVG, Avast, Avira, Bit Defender, Comodo, Kaspersky, Norton, McAfee and Trend Micro (just for starters of course)
    Hello Kitty!