Hello Kitty Car Rims

I have avoided talking about our car and the continual Hello Kittification of it lately. The reason is simple. The damn thing just freaks me out more and more every time I look at it. All those little Hello Kitty modifications add up over time and it’s embarrassing to be seen in it. It’s not going to be long before my wife orders a pink paint job on the thing which will be the end of me ever riding in it (even though I opt to walk now if possible). Just to give you a glimpse of where it’s heading, my wife told me that she wanted to buy Hello Kitty car rims for it:

Hello Kitty car rims

Hello Kitty car rims

Hello Kitty car rims

Hello Kitty tire rims

No, your eyes do not deceive you. There are people out there that believe that Hello Kitty car rims are “the cutest thing ever” such as my wife. She thinks that these aluminum rims will add the perfect touch to our car for a mere $900 (105,000 Yen) and be the perfect compliment to the Hello Kitty exhaust pipe. She especially likes that the spokes on the rims have different Hello Kitty expressions including a normal expression, a surprised expression and a winking Kitty. I’m surprised that Sanrio just didn’t go with the classic 1974 version that appears to be flipping you off because that would be much more appropriate for these. The worst part? It’s all part of a normal day in Hello Kitty Hell…

Update: And, yes, it can get worse…

pink Hello Kitty car rims and tires

Sent in by stellis

hello kitty pink car rims

Sent in by Halley

Hello Kitty bow tire rims

Sent in by Brian

This entry was posted in Vehicle and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Hello Kitty Car Rims

1. tamtamyoo says:

You have got to be effing kidding me! But then again… they had to come up with that sooner or later to pair up with the HK exhaust covers. LOL This is too much to handle.

2. Danielle Olivolo says:

Cuuuuuuttttteeeee!!!!!! I want those and the HK exhaust covers and the HK headlights. The more Kitty the better!

3. H-Kitty says:

OMG!!!

I would so love to know where to get the rims and the exhaust!!

TELL ME PPLLLEEEASEEE!!!

4. Hannah says:

Ohmy… As much as I love Hello Kitty (I’ve got my fair share of HK items that make me stand out — including a purse in the shape of her head), I wouldn’t ever dream of having the car rims on any car I’d have… Kitchen appliances are one thing, but car rims — that’s a bit much, even for me…

5. Megan says:

Ok those are too cute! If I could talk my husband into putting those on our only car you can bet I would! Now I just have to find them first……..

6. Absinth says:

No way I would put that in my car! I’m a girl and I like HK but I like my cars the “normal” way!! lol

7. RosieC says:

Blimey. I don’t like HK and have no HK stuff, but suddenly I really really want those hub caps.

Are you sure you’re not some sort of reverse psychology marketing person for sanrio?

8. Linn says:

Oh my O.o i only just found your site, someone posted a link for it and i got stuck.. but uh.. yikes…
    i mean.. hello kitty is cute and all, but i’d never spend so much money on such uh.. useless things to be honest! or well, i do, but not things with hello kitty, thank goodness my boyfriend thinks my own addiction is adorable.

Your wife seems nice enough but very very obsessed, and it seems you love her very very very much to put up with all those silly things, just don’t let her push you over, or who knows, maybe one morning you’ll wake up with a hello kitty shave into the back of your head ^^ now that WOULD be scary wouldn’t it? :P

9. Shayna says:

If you’re going to insult Hello Kitty, you should at least be up-to-date. Those rims have been available for quite some time. I’ve been after them for many months, if not a year.

10. Shayna says:

BTW, someone asked where to get them? As far as I can find, they are only available in Japan. I first found them on the Sanrio Japan store through Yahoo. They run about $900 a piece, no joke.

11. Shayna says:

They supposedly wink, too, as you roll along but I haven’t seen them in action. :> I really want these, can you tell?

12. Pingback: Carnival of Wheels: Edition #38 | The Garage

13. sanriobaby says:

I love these. The only way I could justify buying these is if I had my own car separate from my husband. That way, I could decorate it exactly as I want it.

14. Pingback: Jalopnik : Aftermarket: Way to Ruin Hello Kitty...Again

15. Pingback: Rims... Crossing Bambi & Frankenstein! | ISM Motoring Blog

16. brenda says:

omg!I would never in my life do something stupid to put Hello Kitty rims on my car even if it was the only pair of rims in the world

17. stephanie says:

18. omg!those rims are so cute i want them so bad well when i get my own car where can you get the rims

It aint going to happen. Welcome to my Hello Kitty Hell…

19. Amber says:

you should see my ‘hello kitty car’ 3ft x 4ft hello kitty head on the hood, with HK on all four sides, took forever to get it done and i LOVE it!! but i dont have the rims yet, i want a full color pair not just silver ;)

20. Mhkitty says:

Wow, I love the 1974 version and yes I agree it looks like she’s flipping the bird, but that’s why I love- she’s so sweet you know there must be some evil lurking in the back of her creators pink clouded mind :)
    I’m getting that as a decal on my bumper ;)

21. amri says:

I would so love to get the rims and the exhaust!!

PPLLLEEEASEEE!!!

22. Amy says:

I so love the rims! Ive been looking for some for my decked out cavy and them would put the unique and special touch on it that ive been looking for. man u just gotta know it a girl thing, when something that cute pops in ur eyes u cant let it go!

23. Laura says:

I love the Hello Kitty rims! I have the tailpipes on my Tiburon and I have been looking everywhere for rims. Those ones aren’t really my style though, I want a plainer rim with hello kitty as the center cap or something…..ideas anyone?

24. where can i find these rims…..tell me pllllleeeeaaasssee!!!

25. LaMia says:

how cute I LOVE IT LOVE IT . I want them now.

26. dose says:

These aren’t what I expected. I had heard of these and wanted to know what they actually looked like only to find this sad example which unless you get close doesn’t even look like anything special. I thought they would be more like the Ronal “teddy” rims which were actually the shape of a bear not just some random expressions on some spokes.

27. anna says:

i lovio hello kitty i love i

28. nikki says:

Omg those rimz are sick and i gotz to get em’

29. aleet says:

where can i purchase the hello tty rims n the hello kitt exhaust pipe?

30. Jaila says:

Hello Kitty rims r sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. Lila says:

OH my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…..i love hello Kitty and i just put some diamon decals on the bumper and the door….
    i just love hello Kitty…i want that tires rings…and all my car full of hello kitty!!!

32. tibet hafii says:

Can you please tell us how to get the rims?

33. Wendi says:

I saw a hello kitty crocheted tire cover today, I left a note on their jeep. Have not heard from them. Does anyone know where I could find one or a pattern even.

34. Monica says:

can somebody pleaseeee tell me where i can get these rims:))

pleaseeeeee :D

35. carrie says:

i was looking at these id love to have them my 95 stangs decked on in kitty simply because its cute girly an matches my paint job lol

36. Janeen says:

where can i buy the rims, tail lights and the headlights?

37. Byrdie says:

I suppose all these modifications lessen the likelihood that your car will be stollen, even if by this point you’re praying for a theft.

38. Cabin asheville says:

Kitty car rims have gained huge popularity in the car industry. They’re not just stylish but functional as well.