Hello Kitty Onigiri

Having a Hello Kitty fanatic in your life is bad. Really bad. So bad that nobody except those suffering through their own Hello Kitty Hell can even understand. My sympathies go out to you, but is actually can be worse. Seriously, I don’t think that there can be something quite as terrifying and sadistic as a follower of the evil feline that also likes to cook. All you have to do is look at Hello Kitty sushi (or even worse, Hello Kitty spam sushi) and Hello Kitty bentos to realize the horrifying truth to this statement. Or Hello Kitty onigiri:

hello kitty onigiri rice balls

It is quite humiliating to have to admit that I have had Hello Kitty onigiri packed in my lunch on more than a few occasions. I can confirm that no matter how hard one tries, there is absolutely nothing that can make you look manly when you are munching on one of these (trust me, you never want to have to eat these around your friends). Just another part of the sad reality of living in Hello Kitty Hell…

Sent in by Steven

This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Hello Kitty Onigiri

1. Sabree says:

I used to make these for my lunches and my boyfriends lunches all the time :3

2. James Blond says:

Wow, you’re really been in a special kind of hell lately – so many posts in so little time?

Is there some sort of Hello Kitty spawning/infestation going on suddenly?

3. Gail says:

These look cute on the plate. Plus, when you are eating them you can fantasize that you are killing them. Win Win!

4. Acton says:

That’s why Hello Kitty food creeps me out, especially giving it to Mr HKH who will chew slowly to prolong Hello Kitty’s agony.

5. Kittyfied95 says:

Just a small complaint on the food here…..the one with a pink bow has the bow on the wrong ear. Unless, that is, she was trying to depict Mimmy, which is Hello Kitty’s little sister, not Hello Kitty herself.

6. Kittyfied95 says:

Excuse me, to my last comment, Mimmy is Hello Kitty’s TWIN sister, not her little sister.

7. hkfan:) says:

i dont know what onigiri is but they look so cute :)

8. Sanriobaby =^.^= says:

This is super cute! I’d love to have this as a snack and would love to be able to make these cute meals for my daughter someday!

9. Steven says:

Ah, as for the wrong-sided bow, that was to distinguish the veggie kitties from the non-veggie kitties.

10. hk lover since 3 years old says:

What is onigiri? I’d love some! They look SOO CUTE! And it is KIND of humiliating if your in 5th grade and have this packed for lunch.

11. Steven says:

Onigiri are Japanese snacks made out of a ball of rice with a filling pressed inside. You take a handful of sushi rice (it doesn’t work with American rice because it’s not sticky enough), poke some yummy fish stuff or pickled plum in the middle, and squash it up into a ball. Most often, you wrap it in sea weed and eat it like that.

For this one, I used a kitty-chan onigir mold I bought in Japan. The veggie kitties are pickled plum filled, and the non-veggie kitties are tuna.

12. Bekahbv says:

Dear Lord… I think my husband would kill me if I packed that in his lunch. I would eat them, but only so that I could finally kill Hello Kitty….

13. osiris says:

Their so cute but a guy eating them ummmmm…. tooo funny

14. Sharon says:

If certain women are so convinced that these mutations are sooo cuuute then they can darn well eat them themselves instead of inflicting them on others who aren’t the least bit interested in being seen eating them.